Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why attend the CPCU Society Annual Meeting?
Annual Meeting attendees can network with more than 2,500 insurance professionals from around the world, grow their working knowledge of emerging trends and technologies through more than 35 educational sessions, and gain insights from expert speakers in the industry.
2. Do I have to be a CPCU Society member to attend the Annual Meeting?
No, the meeting is not exclusively for CPCU Society members. However, members benefit from registration savings of up to $432. To learn more about becoming a member, please visit CPCUSociety.org/membership/join-today
3. Should I ask my employer to sponsor my attendance at the Annual Meeting?
Yes! We encourage you to start a conversation with your employer about supporting your Annual Meeting attendance and your Society membership, as many of our attendees are indeed sponsored by their companies. Find tips and resources on gaining employer support here.
4. Will any of the sessions at the Annual Meeting count toward continuing education (CE) for CPCUs or state CE credit?
CE for CPCUs: Yes, eligible CE for CPCUs credits will be automatically reported for CPCUs who attend the Annual Meeting.
State CE: Every year, approximately 15 sessions are filed for state CE credits. These sessions will include “Filed for state CE Credits” within their descriptions. View Schedule & Speakers page as sessions are updated.
To secure your state CE credit, you must sign in and out at the session attendance record sheet in the meeting room. It is required that you stay through the entire session. Late arrivals and early departures will not be eligible for credit.
To search for approved sessions by state, please visit the 2018 mobile app, available by desktop or mobile device. States will be updated as approvals are received.
5. Can anyone attend The Institutes’ Conferment Ceremony, or is it only for new designees and their families?
All Annual Meeting attendees are welcome to celebrate our new designees at The Institutes’ Conferment Ceremony on Saturday, October 13. Doors will open at 3:00 p.m., and the ceremony will begin promptly at 4:00 p.m. We encourage you to arrive early. Seating is open to all attendees and guests; there is no designated seating area for new designees.
6. Should I download the mobile app before I arrive in San Diego?
Yes! The free mobile app for the 2018 Annual Meeting is will be available in September to help you best network and navigate through all the offerings of this premier event!
Through the mobile app you can:
- Build your personal schedule of sessions, meetings and social events
- Organize chapter and interest group get-togethers
- Quickly find session rooms through interactive floor plans
- Easily access session slides, evaluations and speaker information for each session
- Receive mobile pop-up messages from other attendees and the CPCU Society while in San Diego
7. What is the dress code at the Annual Meeting?
Business casual dress is expected at The Institutes’ Conferment Ceremony and Reception on Saturday. Business casual is acceptable at all other educational sessions and meetings. Attendees are encouraged to bring layers as meeting room temperatures can be variable.